After more than six months of concept development, planning, working out the kinks and then implementation, we’re excited to share our first bathCRATE project start post with you!
This 1964 ranch style home has seen it’s share or remodels and updates over the years. But the bathroom (and the adjacent laundry room) were certainly due for a facelift. We’re looking forward to conducting the standard bathCRATE activities (vanity refinishing, vanity tops, shower wall tile, all new plumbing fixtures, vanity lights, exhaust fan, wall & ceiling paint, etc.) along with some pretty fantastic add-ons.
Read on to learn more about what to expect on this project, our maiden voyage into bathrooms!
Why the Homeowner Chose bathCRATE
Much like our 20+ kitchenCRATE clients from this year, speed and an all-inclusive package were the biggest selling point with this customer. In just a few weeks this homeowner will enjoy two completely updated (and often-used) rooms in their home, the hall bathroom and the adjacent laundry room.
And the best part? This homeowner worked extensively with the bathCRATE interior designer to find just the right materials, colors and textures for their remodel. So often homeowners feel lost and alone when it comes to design choices. BathCRATE loves to eliminate this concern by using our extensive design process.
The Current Bathroom Specifications
- Vanity Top: 6″ white porcelain tile with white grout and 6″ tile backsplash
- Vanity: Built-in original cabinets, last refinished in the 1990s
- Vanity Hardware: Brass knobs
- Sinks: White, cast-iron, top-mount
- Faucets and Shower Fixtures: Standard chrome and brass
- Toilet: Low-height single-piece in white
- Shower tile: 6″ white porcelain tile with white grout
- Tub: White, cast-iron
- Floor: Sheet vinyl
- Lighting: Brass vanity lights
- Shower Door: None
In addition to the base bathCRATE amenities, this homeowner is adding the entire adjacent laundry room (cabinet and wall painting, flooring, cabinet hardware, etc.), replacing the bathtub with a new white Kohler cast iron tub, installing a dual-operating minimal-frame shower door and installing new floor tile with painted wood baseboard.
The bathCRATE Project Scope
The bathCRATE team began the transformation on Monday, October 7th, 2013. On day 1 the bathCRATE team set the bathCRATE, installed plastic walls for dust/fume protection, demolished the countertops and backsplash, repaired the counter sub-top, removed the doors and drawers for off-site painting, templated for the new quartz tops and prepared the remaining cabinet boxes for prime and paint. During the following 7 days, the bathCRATE crew will:
- Refinish the cabinets, doors and drawers in Kelly-Moore Clear Sand in semi-gloss finish using a top-of-the-line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy paint.
- Fabricate and install Bedrosians Quartz Santorini quartz countertop with a mitered edge.
- Install shower tile in Emser Strands Oyster 12 x 24 tiles set in a brick pattern with Laticrete Light Pewter grout.
- Install a new Price Pfister Avalon tub and shower fixture with a brushed nickel finish.
- Install two new Kohler Caxton undermount sinks in white.
- Install two new Price Pfister Avalon widepread faucets with a brushed nickel finish.
- Install a new Kohler Highline enlongated toilet in white.
- Replace all cabinet hardware with new knobs and hinges in brushed nickel.
- Install new flooring in Bedrosians Verona Taupe 13″ x 13″ tiles with Laticrete Natural Grey grout.
- Install a new shower door in Satin Nickel 3/8″ Clear Glass with Dual-Sliders and L-Track.
- Install a new Kohler Villager bathtub in White.
- Install a new 70″ x 30″ Mirror with a Brushed Nickel Frame.
Want to learn how bathCRATE can help you? Simply call us direct during business hours at (888) 995-7996!
Scott Monday is Founder and CEO of Trinity Renovation, Inc., the parent company of kitchen & bath CRATE. Learn more about Scott, and the origin of kitchen & bath CRATE on Facebook.