Modesto’s Naraghi Lakes neighborhood is getting yet another kitchenCRATE, this time on a huge 1987 kitchen. Say goodbye to these honey-oak cabinets, tile countertops, and 1980s fluorescent light box just in time for Thanksgiving!
Why the Homeowner Chose kitchenCRATE
This busy family of 5 moved into their new-to-them home just a few years back. After updating an assortment of rooms and features (including their beautiful wood flooring) the kitchen was last on their list of “must-do” renovations.
In stepped kitchenCRATE, and in just a few weeks (including a few add-ons) this kitchen will match the rest of the updated home!
And with three young children running around, the last thing this family needs is to lose their kitchen over the holidays. That’s why we’re finishing this project in plenty of time for them to host a feast for their extended family. (And we’re angling for an invite ourselves… mmm, turkey…)
The Current Kitchen Specifications
- Countertop and Backsplash: Ivory 6″ square tile with tan grout.
- Cabinet Finish: Cabinets in need of refinishing.
- Cabinet Hardware: None
- Sink: White cast-iron, original to the kitchen.
- Faucet: Oil-Rubbed Bronze faucet which will be re-installed upon completion.
- Lighting: Lightbox with fluorescent lights and lens.
In addition to the base kitchenCRATE elements, the homeowner is adding LED can lights, under cabinet LED lighting, crown molding, additional cabinet painting at the living and dining rooms, and a new tile fireplace surround.
The kitchenCRATE Project Scope
The kitchenCRATE team began the transformation on Thursday, November 7th, 2013. On day 1 the kitchenCRATE team set the kitchenCRATE, installed plastic walls for dust/fume protection, protected the flooring, removed and set-aside the existing appliances, demolished the countertops and backsplash, repaired the counter sub-top, removed the doors and drawers for off-site painting, templated for the new granite tops and prepared the remaining cabinet boxes for prime and paint. During the following 9 days (the add-ons are adding a few extra days to this project), the kitchenCRATE crew will:
- Refinish the cabinets, doors, and drawers in Kelly-Moore Magic Sail in semi-gloss finish using a top-of-the-line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy paint.
- Fabricate and install Arizona Tile Juparana St. Cecelia granite countertops with a mitered edge.
- Supply and install Emser’s Ancient Tumbled Beige 4 x 8 travertine tiles with an accent strip of Emser’s Confetti Metal blend mosaic tiles set vertical. This will all be grouted using Laticrete Mushroom grout.
- Install a new single-bowl Kohler Whitehaven apron-front sink in Almond.
- Remove original fluorescent light fixtures and replace with 5″ LED can lights.
- Install LED under-cabinet lighting.
- Supply and install new Cosmas Oil Rubbed Bronze knobs and Cosmas Oil Rubbed Bronze pulls with matching cabinet hinges.
- Supply and install new light switches and electrical outlets.
- Supply and install Emser’s Chiseled Vanilla Coffee travertine tiles to the fireplace.
- Re-install faucet and appliances.
Before Kitchen Remodel Pictures
Want to learn how kitchenCRATE can help you? Just click here to schedule your phone consultation using our online scheduling system. Or call us direct during business hours at 888-995-7996!