KitchenCRATE is back on Chenault Drive in North Modesto for our third project (and second kitchen) in the past year! This 1969 kitchen needs some help, and in just a few days you won’t even recognize it…
Why the Homeowner Chose kitchenCRATE
After seeing the CRATE a few houses down, the customer decided to look into kitchenCRATE for themselves. They started with a quick phone consultation, enjoyed learning more during an in-home consultation, and then after approving the proposal, moved right into the interior design phase.
The quick project execution was certainly the biggest advantage for this homeowner and, when combined with the competitive pricing, this homeowner felt kitchenCRATE was the right match.
Oh, and what started it all? As with most kitchenCRATE projects, there’s always one feature of the existing kitchen that annoys the customer to no end. For this customer, it was the flower tiles at the backsplash. Yes, they are small, and unassuming, but the homeowner simply could not live with them any longer!
The Current Kitchen Specifications
- Countertop and Backsplash: White 6″ square tile with brown grout.
- Cabinet Finish: Cabinets in need of significant refinishing.
- Cabinet Hardware: Outdated bronze pulls.
- Sink: Stainless steel triple bowl.
- Faucet: Standard chrome, low-rise.
- Lighting: Fluorescent fixture with acrylic lens.
The homeowner will be adding a few additional features, including recessed LED can lights, removal of the upper cabinet over the island (this actually saved money on the project!), flooring demolition and enlargement of the island countertop.
The kitchenCRATE Project Scope
The kitchenCRATE team began the transformation on Tuesday, April 22, 2014. On day 1 the kitchenCRATE team set the kitchenCRATE, installed plastic walls for dust/fume protection, protected the flooring, removed and set-aside the existing appliances, demolished the countertops and backsplash, repaired the counter sub-top, removed the doors and drawers for off-site painting, templated for the new quartz tops and prepared the remaining cabinet boxes for prime and paint. During the following 7 days (the lighting modification is adding an extra day to this project), the kitchenCRATE crew will:
- Refinish the cabinets, doors and drawers in Kelly-Moore Frost in semi-gloss finish using a top-of-the line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy paint.
- Fabricate and install MSI Accacia Brown quartz countertops with a mitered edge.
- Supply and install Emser Lucente Cream 3 x 6 glass tiles with an accent strip of Emser Lucente Campo Stone and Glass Blend linear tiles. This will all be grouted using Laticrete Almond grout.
- Install a new double-bowl Kohler Vault under-mount sink in Stainless Steel.
- Install a new Kohler Simplice faucet with a matte black finish.
- Install a new Kohler Traditional soap dispenser with a matte black finish.
- Supply and install a new 1/2 HP Insinkerator Badger 5 garbage disposal.
- Remove original fluorescent light fixtures and replace with 5″ LED can lights.
- Install LED under-cabinet lighting.
- Supply and install new Liberty 3″ stainless steel pulls with matching cabinet hinges.
- Supply and install new light switches and electrical outlets.
- Install new appliances.
The Before Pictures
Want to learn how kitchenCRATE can help you? Just click here to schedule your phone consultation using our on-line scheduling system. Or feel free to call us direct during business hours at 888-995-7996!