Yet another early 2000 kitchen will get a fresh look as kitchenCRATE began work this week on this beautiful 2-story home in north Modesto.
Why the Homeowner Chose kitchenCRATE
KitchenCRATE is familiar with kitchens built in the early 2000s: While most feature large, expansive spaces, well-positioned islands and significant counter space, many also feature cabinets that are well-built but quickly outdated and countertops that leave a little to be desired.
Such was the case in this Laurant Court home. The homeowner decided that their kitchen was ready for a face lift and the price point and flexibility of the kitchenCRATE product was just the right fit. In just a few days, this kitchen will go from drab-2000s to stylish 2013. And we can’t wait to share the results!
The Current Kitchen Specifications
- Countertop and Backsplash: White 6″ square tile with thin white grout.
- Cabinet Finish: Clear coat over natural wood, maple in color.
- Cabinet Hardware: None
- Sink: White cast-iron, original to the kitchen.
- Faucet: Chrome
In addition to the base kitchenCRATE elements, the homeowner is adding LED undercabinet lighting and power for a new undercabinet wine refrigerator.
The kitchenBOX Project Scope
The kitchenCRATE team began the transformation on Monday, September 30th, 2013. On day 1 the kitchenCRATE team set the kitchenCRATE, installed plastic walls for dust/fume protection, removed and set-aside the existing appliances, demolished the countertops and backsplash, repaired the counter sub-top, removed the doors and drawers for off-site painting, templated for the new quartz tops and prepared the remaining cabinet boxes for prime and paint. During the following 7 days (the undercabinet lighting is adding an extra day to this project), the kitchenCRATE crew will:
- Refinish the cabinets, doors and drawers in Kelly-Moore Pearly White in semi-gloss finish using a top-of-the line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy paint.
- Fabricate and install MSI Cascade White quartz countertops with a mitered edge.
- Supply and install Daltile Matte Arctic White 3 x 6 tiles with an accent strip of Emser’s Lucent Morning Fog 3 x6 glass tiles. This will all be grouted using Laticrete Bright White grout.
- Install a new stainless-steel, single-bowl Kohler Vault under-mount sink.
- Install a new Kohler Simplice faucet with a vibrant stainless finish.
- Install LED under-cabinet lighting.
- Supply and install new Liberty Satin Nickel knobs and Liberty 3″ Satin Nickel drawer pulls with matching cabinet hinges.
- Supply and install new light switches and electrical outlets.
- Install a new cooktop and re-install the existing appliances.
The Before Pictures
Want to learn how kitchenCRATE can help you? Just click here to schedule your phone consultation using our on-line scheduling system. Or feel free to call us direct during business hours at 888-995-7996!