Yet another early 2000 kitchen will get a fresh look as kitchenCRATE began work this week on this beautiful 2-story home in north Modesto.
Why the Homeowner Chose kitchenCRATE
KitchenCRATE is familiar with kitchens built in the early 2000s: While most feature large, expansive spaces, well-positioned islands, and significant counter space, many also feature cabinets that are well-built but quickly outdated and countertops that leave a little to be desired.
Such was the case in this Laurant Court home. The homeowner decided that their kitchen was ready for a facelift and the price point and flexibility of the kitchenCRATE product was just the right fit. In just a few days, this kitchen will go from drab-2000s to stylish 2013. And we can’t wait to share the results!
The Current Kitchen Specifications
- Countertop and Backsplash: White 6″ square tile with thin white grout.
- Cabinet Finish: Clear coat over natural wood, maple in color.
- Cabinet Hardware: None
- Sink: White cast-iron, original to the kitchen.
- Faucet: Chrome
In addition to the base kitchenCRATE elements, the homeowner is adding LED undercabinet lighting and power for a new undercabinet wine refrigerator.
The kitchenCRATE Project Scope
The kitchenCRATE team began the transformation on Monday, September 30th, 2013. On day 1 the kitchenCRATE team set the kitchenCRATE, installed plastic walls for dust/fume protection, removed and set-aside the existing appliances, demolished the countertops and backsplash, repaired the counter sub-top, removed the doors and drawers for off-site painting, templated for the new quartz tops and prepared the remaining cabinet boxes for prime and paint. During the following 7 days (the undercabinet lighting is adding an extra day to this project), the kitchenCRATE crew will:
- Refinish the cabinets, doors and drawers in Kelly-Moore Pearly White in semi-gloss finish using a high-quality Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy paint.
- Fabricate and install MSI Cascade White quartz countertops with a mitered edge.
- Supply and install Daltile Matte Arctic White 3 x 6 tiles with an accent strip of Emser’s Lucent Morning Fog 3 x6 glass tiles. This will all be grouted using Laticrete Bright White grout.
- Install a new stainless-steel, single-bowl Kohler Vault under-mount sink.
- Install a new Kohler Simplice faucet with a vibrant stainless finish.
- Install LED under-cabinet lighting.
- Supply and install new Liberty Satin Nickel knobs and Liberty 3″ Satin Nickel drawer pulls with matching cabinet hinges.
- Supply and install new light switches and electrical outlets.
- Install a new cooktop and re-install the existing appliances.
The Before Pictures
Want to learn how we can help you and your kitchen? Simply click here to schedule your phone consultation using our online scheduling system. Or feel free to call us direct during business hours at 888-995-7996!