1969 was a big year: Neil and Buzz became the first moonwalkers (sorry, Michael), Woodstock came to upstate New York and Nixon commenced his rather eventful term as our 37th president.
And one more thing: our newest kitchenCRATE project home was built!
Why the Homeowner Chose kitchenCRATE
This busy family of four was looking for a turnkey solution to their dated kitchen, and kitchenCRATE is honored to be their solution. As experienced remodelers, the homeowner was very familiar with how remodels normally go: slow contractors, unexpected costs and high stress.
But kitchenCRATE is different. The guaranteed completion date and firm pricing was certainly appealing to this homeowner. And, in addition, the hand full of add-ons and custom elements allowed this homeowner to open up sight-lines to the living room, create a bar seating area and add some delightful crown molding to the top of the existing cabinets.
Read on to learn the details of our newest project start!
The Current Kitchen Specifications
- Countertop and Backsplash: White 6″ square tile with tan grout.
- Cabinet Finish: Yellowed cabinets in need of significant refinishing.
- Cabinet Hardware: None
- Sink: White cast-iron, original to the kitchen.
- Faucet: Standard chrome, low-rise.
- Lighting: Fluorescent fixture with acrylic lens.
In addition to the base kitchenCRATE elements, this homeowner is adding LED can lights, cutting down a half-wall and extending the countertops to create cantilevered seating area, removing a section of upper cabinets and replacing it with pendent lighting and adding crown molding accents to the top of the existing cabinets.
The kitchenCRATE Project Scope
The kitchenCRATE team began the transformation on Thursday, October 3rd, 2013. On day 1 the kitchenCRATE team set the kitchenCRATE, installed plastic walls for dust/fume protection, protected the flooring, removed and set-aside the existing appliances, demolished the countertops and backsplash, repaired the counter sub-top, removed the doors and drawers for off-site painting, templated for the new quartz tops and prepared the remaining cabinet boxes for prime and paint. During the following 9 days (the add-ons are adding a few extra days to this project), the kitchenCRATE crew will:
- Refinish the cabinets, doors and drawers in Kelly-Moore Shadow Cliff in semi-gloss finish using a top-of-the line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy paint.
- Fabricate and install MSI Iced White quartz countertops with a mitered edge.
- Extend the countertops to create a new seating area.
- Remove upper cabinets to enhance sight-lines to the living room.
- Add crown molding to the tops of the existing cabinets.
- Supply and install Daltile Matte Arctic White 3 x 6 tiles. This will be grouted using Laticrete Bright White grout.
- Install a new double-bowl Kohler Executive Chef under-mount sink in White.
- Install a new, owner provided, Moen Align faucet with a stainless finish.
- Remove original fluorescent light fixtures and replace with LED can lights.
- Supply and install new Liberty Satin Nickel knobs and Liberty Satin Nickel Cup pulls with matching cabinet hinges.
- Supply and install new light switches and electrical outlets.
- Re-Install appliances.
The Before Pictures
Want to learn how kitchenCRATE can help you? Just click here to schedule your phone consultation using our on-line scheduling system. Or feel free to call us direct during business hours at 209-622-3610!