This semi-custom home on Neptune Cove in East Modesto is magnificent. The front and back yards are pristine. The interior colors and finishes are beautiful. The location (a quiet little court) is ideal for those wanting privacy and minimal traffic.
But the kitchen? Well, the kitchen needs a little love. Not a full remodel, mind you. Just a facelift of sorts. And kitchenBOX started this 8-day transformation (the homeowner added a day of lighting modification) on July 30th, 2013.
Why the Homeowner Chose kitchenBOX
In a rare circumstance, kitchenBOX is doing work on a home that will be put up for sale immediately after the project is complete.
The homeonwers feel the only thing standing in their way of a very quick sale is the dated tile countertops, unimpressive backsplash, track lighting, aged cabinet hardware and not-so-new plumbing fixtures.
So why is kitchenBOX the perfect solution for these issues? In less than 2 weeks this homeowner will have a completely renovated kitchen and be ready to put the home on the market. And in this housing market, speed is paramount. So instead of a 2-3 month marathon remodel, kitchenBOX will have them ready to go in no time.
The Current Kitchen Specifications
- Countertop and Backsplash: Gray 4″ square tile with grey grout.
- Cabinet Finish: Painted cabinets in need of refinishing.
- Cabinet Hardware: Aged hinges and no pulls.
- Sink: White cast-iron.
- Faucet: Standard chrome, low-rise.
- Lighting: Track lighting with articulating heads.
Like many homeowners, this kitchenBOX client decided to upgrade their kitchen lighting as their sole add-on. The kitchenBOX team will remove their old track lighting and re-wire for new 5″ LED can lights. These dimmable LED bulbs last for over 30,000 hours and cast an amazing natural light that can’t be matched by any fluorescent or incandescent bulb on the market. Add to these benefits minuscule energy use and you have an extremely beneficial and cost-effective upgrade.
The kitchenBOX Project Scope
The kitchenBOX team began the transformation on Tuesday, July 30th, 2013. On day 1 the kitchenBOX team set the kitchenBOX, installed plastic walls for dust/fume protection, removed and set-aside the existing appliances, demolished the countertops and backsplash, repaired the counter sub-top, removed the doors and drawers for off-site painting, templated for the new granite tops and prepared the remaining cabinet boxes for prime and paint. During the following 7 days (the lighting modification is adding an extra day to this project), the kitchenBOX crew will:
- Refinish the cabinets, doors and drawers in Dunn Edwards Pueblos in semi-gloss finish using a top-of-the line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy paint.
- Fabricate and install MSI Tropic Brown granite countertops with a mitered edge.
- Supply and install MSI’s Tuscany Walnut 2″ x 2″ travertine tiles. This will all be grouted using Laticrete Latte grout.
- Install a new double-equal Kohler Brookfield under-mount sink in Sandbar.
- Install a new Kohler Simplice faucet and soap dispenser with a brushed nickel finish.
- Remove original recessed fluorescent light fixtures and replace with 5″ LED can lights.
- Supply and install new Liberty 3″ stainless steel pulls with matching cabinet hinges.
- Supply and install new light switches and electrical outlets.
- Install new appliances.
The Before Photos
Want to learn how kitchenBOX can help you? Just click here to schedule your phone consultation using our on-line scheduling system. Or feel free to call us direct during business hours at 209-622-3610!