Are you ready for us, Ripon?
The kitchenCRATE team is bringing our 7-day, $15,000 kitchen remodel concept to Ripon, CA! This 1980’s original kitchen is ready to leave Aqua-net big hair, neon threads, and Cyndi Lauper behind as it moves into the 21st century!
Why the Homeowner Chose kitchenCRATE
Like many kitchenCRATE clients, these homeowners bought their home new back in the 1980’s. It has served them and their family well over the decades, but in the last few years, the tile countertops, fading cabinets and original sink are beginning to show their age.
Until learning about kitchenCRATE, this client assumed a kitchen remodel would set them back at least $30,000. That is, after all, the national average for such projects. But after coming across an article in Central Valley Business Journal, they were delighted to learn about kitchenCRATE and how it fit their needs precisely.
A few weeks later, they were choosing granite colors, meeting with our interior designer and scheduling their kitchen transformation!
The Current Kitchen Specifications
- Countertop and Backsplash: 6×6 cream tile with dark brown grout.
- Cabinet Finish: Original 1980’s cabinets with a yellowed clear-coat finish.
- Cabinet Hardware: Brass pulls and hinges
- Sink: White cast iron sink.
- Lighting: 1980’s florescent light box
A kitchenCRATE Add-on
This homeowner (like many) is taking their lighting to the next level by opening up the cumbersome light box, removing the florescent strip fixtures, and installing new 5″ LED can lighting (dimmable, of course). LED fixtures are just now becoming cost effective. Bulbs that last over 35,000 hours are certainly a cost-effective way to go!
And what about under-cabinet lighting, you ask? Another new product, LED “string” lighting, will be used to light up those dark countertop corners. These lights are exceptionally small (2″ x .25″ each) and are strung together on a roll of up to 50 lights. Their small size is easily hidden behind the upper cabinet apron, and they produce a fantastic clear, bright light when spaced about 6″ apart.
Items like these are often added to the kitchenCRATE scope in order to maximize the owner’s satisfaction without adding significant time or cost to the project. We’re already there, so we like to customize the project as much as we can!
The kitchenCRATE project Scope
The kitchenCRATE team began the transformation on Tuesday, June 4th, 2013.
On day 1 the kitchenCRATE team set the kitchenCRATE, installed plastic walls for dust/fume protection, protected the tile flooring, removed the old appliances, demolished the countertops and backsplash, repaired the counter sub-top, removed the doors and drawers for off-site painting, templated for the new granite tops and prepared the remaining cabinet boxes for prime and paint.
During the following 6 days, the kitchenCRATE crew will:
- Refinish the cabinets, doors and drawers in Kelly Moore Brittany Beige in semi-gloss finish using a top-of-the line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy.
- Paint entire kitchen walls to ceiling to match existing color.
- Fabricate and install Giallo Ornamentale countertops.
- Supply and install 3×6 Daltile Urban Putty for the backsplash and accent it with a 3′ MSI Ibiza Blend tile. This will all be grouted together using Laticrete Mushroom grout.
- Install a new double-equal Kohler Clarity under-mount sink in sandbar.
- Install a new Kohler Simplice pull-down faucet & soap dispenser with a vibrant stainless finish.
- Remove original 1980’s florescent light box and replace with 5″ LED can lights.
- Install LED under-cabinet lighting.
- Supply and install new satin nickel pulls and knobs.
- Supply and install new almond decor light switches and electrical outlets.
- Install the owner-supplied appliances.
The Before Photos
Check back in just a few weeks to see this 1980’s transformation!
Want to learn how kitchenCRATE can help you? Just click here to schedule your phone consultation using our on-line scheduling system. Or feel free to call us direct during business hours at 888-995-7996!