We’re so excited to share the start of our first Livermore, CA project. This job represents the first in our 2014 expansion into the Livermore-Pleasanton-Dublin area. We’re looking forward to eliminating ugly tile countertops, brown grout and dated cabinets in this beautiful area of Northern California!
Why the Homeowner Chose kitchenCRATE
When shopping for their new home, this young family had quite a list of desired amenities. They found nearly all of them in this 1993 home on Windermere Circle. However, the kitchen finishes (and a few items in the rest of the home) just weren’t exactly what they wanted.
And that’s where kitchenCRATE steps in. We’re looking forward to turning this kitchen around in just a few weeks (including the extensive add-ons), and just in time for a first-of-the-year move-in!
The Current Kitchen Specifications
- Countertop and Backsplash: 12″ granite tile
- Cabinet Finish: Yellowed cabinets in need of refinishing
- Cabinet Hardware: None
- Sink: White, top-mount, cast-iron, original to the kitchen.
- Faucet: Standard chrome, low-rise.
- Lighting: Fluorescent fixture with acrylic lens.
- Floor: Ceramic tile
In addition to the standard kitchenCRATE items, we’ll be extending the beautiful laminate flooring into the kitchen and dinnette, adding LED undercabinet lighting, refinishing the front entry doors to the home, adding a few ceiling fans, replacing all can lights in the home with high-efficiency LED can lights, replacing a few garage doors to accommodate pet travel and refinishing cabinets and replacing fixtures in the guest bathroom, laundry room, hall bathroom, hall and master bathroom.
The kitchenCRATE Project Scope
The kitchenCRATE team began the transformation on Monday, December 9th, 2013. On day 1 the kitchenCRATE team set the kitchenCRATE, installed plastic walls for dust/fume protection, protected the flooring, removed and set-aside the existing appliances, demolished the countertops and backsplash, repaired the counter sub-top, removed the doors and drawers for off-site painting, templated for the new granite tops and prepared the remaining cabinet boxes for prime and paint. During the following days, the kitchenCRATE crew will:
- Refinish the kitchen cabinets, doors and drawers in Kelly-Moore Apollo Landing in semi-gloss finish using a top-of-the line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy paint.
- Fabricate and install Arizona Tile New Caledonia granite countertops with a mitered edge.
- Supply and install Bedrosians Hamptons Pelican 3 x 6 glass tiles. This will be grouted using Laticrete Sterling Silver grout.
- Install a new double-bowl Kohler Clarity under-mount sink in White.
- Install a new Kohler Simplice faucet with a vibrant stainless finish.
- Install LED under-cabinet lighting.
- Supply and install new Liberty 1-1/4″ satin nickel knobs and 3″ satin nickel pulls with matching cabinet hinges.
- Supply and install new light switches and electrical outlets.
- Install new appliances.
- Install Pura Vida Coronado Eucalyptus Handscraped hardwood flooring in the kitchen and dinette.
- Install new 6-Panel Steel garage doors.
- Refinish downstairs bathroom vanity in Kelly-Moore Railroad Ties in semi-gloss finish using a top-of-the line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy paint. Supply and install new Liberty 1-1/4″ polished chrome knobs.
- Refinish laundry room cabinets, doors and drawers in Kelly-Moore Swiss Coffee in semi-gloss finish using a top-of-the line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy paint. Supply and install new Liberty 1-1/4″ satin nickel knobs.
- Supply and install Kohler Simplice faucet with a vibrant stainless finish at the laundry room sink.
- Refinish upstairs hall bathroom cabinets, doors and drawers in Kelly-Moore Railroad Ties in semi-gloss finish using a top-of-the line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy paint. Supply and install new Liberty 1-1/4″ satin nickel knobs.
- Supply and install two new Pfister Avalon widespread faucets each with a brushed nickel finish in the upstairs hall bathroom.
- Refinish master bathroom cabinets, doors and drawers in Kelly-Moore Railroad Ties in semi-gloss finish using a top-of-the line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy paint.
- Supply and install new closet doors with Kelly-Moore semi-gloss Dura-Poxy paint in Swiss Coffee in the master suite.
- Refinish entry doors with Kelly-Moore semi-gloss Dura-Poxy paint in Swiss Coffee on the interior and Railroad Ties on the exterior.
The Before Pictures (Kitchen)
The Before Pictures (Entry)
The Before Pictures (Downstairs Bathroom)
The Before Pictures (Laundry Room)
The Before Pictures (Master Suite)
Want to learn how kitchenCRATE can help you? Just click here to schedule your phone consultation using our on-line scheduling system. Or feel free to call us direct during business hours at 888-995-7996!