Hello, Escalon! Our first kitchenCRATE in the San Joaquin County city of Escalon is under way this morning, and here’s a quick look at what’s in store!
Why the Homeowner Chose kitchenCRATE
Ah, the retirement years. For this Escalon couple enjoying the fruit of their past labor includes lots of time with the grandkids, travel to new and exciting locations, and now, a new kitchen.
Their 1989 kitchen is in good condition, but after 25 years of use, it’s ready for an upgrade. We’re looking forward to replacing the tile countertops with quartz, refinishing the countertops, installing new lighting, and creating an amazing glass tile backspalsh, among other improvements.
And we’ll be doing all this in just a few short weeks.
Please scroll down to read more details about this project and see all of the before images.
The Current Kitchen Specifications
- Countertop and Backsplash: White 6″ square tile with tan grout.
- Cabinet Finish: Yellowed cabinets in need of significant refinishing.
- Cabinet Hardware: None
- Sink: White cast-iron, original to the kitchen.
- Faucet: Standard chrome, low-rise.
- Lighting: Fluorescent fixture with acrylic lens.
The kitchenCRATE Project Scope
The kitchenCRATE team began the transformation on Wednesday, February 19, 2014. On day 1 the kitchenCRATE team set the kitchenCRATE, installed plastic walls for dust/fume protection, protected the flooring, removed and set-aside the existing appliances, demolished the countertops and backsplash, repaired the counter sub-top, removed the doors and drawers for off-site painting, templated for the new quartz tops and prepared the remaining cabinet boxes for prime and paint. During the following 8 days (the lighting modification and new gas line to the cooktop are adding two extra days to this project), the kitchenCRATE crew will:
- Refinish the cabinets, doors and drawers in Kelly-Moore Feather White in semi-gloss finish using a top-of-the line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy paint.
- Fabricate and install MSI Cascade White quartz countertops with a bullnose edge.
- Supply and install Bedrosians Manhattan Platinum glass 2 x 8 tiles with an accent strip of Bedrosians Manhattan Tribeca random interlocking glass tiles. The backsplash will be grouted using Bostik DeLorean Grey grout while the accent tile will be grouted using Bostik White grout.
- Install a new single-bowl Kohler Undertone under-mount sink in Stainless Steel.
- Install a new Kohler Forte faucet with a vibrant stainless finish.
- Install a new Kohler Traditional Soap Dispenser with a vibrant stainless finish.
- Supply and install a new 1/2 HP Insinkerator Badger 5 garbage disposal.
- Remove original fluorescent light fixtures and replace with 6″ LED can lights.
- Supply and install new Liberty 1-1/4″ Sophia satin nickel knobs on all cabinet doors and Liberty Davidson satin nickel cup pulls on all drawers with matching cabinet hinges.
- Supply and install new light switches and electrical outlets.
- Run a new gas line to convert the electric cooktop to gas.
- Install appliances.
The Before Pictures
Want to learn how kitchenCRATE can help you? Just click here to schedule your phone consultation using our on-line scheduling system. Or feel free to call us direct during business hours at 888-995-7996!