KitchenCRATE is headed back to Gateway Circle in Lodi, this time to transform a 1978 galley-style kitchen a few houses down from this project completed in early 2013!
Why the Homeowner Chose kitchenCRATE for Their Kitchen Remodel in Lodi
KitchenCRATE originally priced this project back in mid-2013. After mulling it over for eight months, the homeowner gave us the green light shortly after the new year. And we were happy to oblige!
It turns out that the homeowner loved the concept from the beginning, but like many homeowners, thought they could accomplish the same objective through a do-it-yourself methodology. After thoroughly researching pricing, evaluating time frame and thinking through logistics, the homeowner decided getting the project done in just a few weeks through kitchenCRATE was much more convenient than the months it would take on their own.
Scroll down to see what’s in store for this kitchen (and dinette, laundry room and hallway)!
The Current Kitchen Specifications
- Countertop and Backsplash: Tan 6″ square tile with brown grout.
- Cabinet Finish: Outdated cabinets in need of significant refinishing.
- Cabinet Hardware: Outdated pulls
- Sink: White cast-iron, original to the kitchen.
- Faucet: Standard chrome, low-rise.
- Lighting: Fluorescent fixture with acrylic lens.
In addition to the standard kitchenCRATE package of work, this homeowner elected to add LED can lighting, some cabinet modification, a new gas line to the cooktop, replacement of the doors and drawer faces and new engineered wood flooring in multiple rooms.
The Kitchen Remodel Project Scope
The kitchenCRATE team began the transformation on Wednesday, March 5th, 2014. On day 1 the kitchenCRATE team set the kitchenCRATE, installed plastic walls for dust/fume protection, protected the flooring, removed and set-aside the existing appliances, demolished the countertops and backsplash, repaired the counter sub-top, prepped the new doors and drawer faces for future install, and templated for the new quartz countertops. During the following 12 days (the lighting modification, new gas line to the cooktop, and wood flooring are increasing the project duration a bit), the kitchenCRATE crew will:
- Refinish the cabinets, doors and drawers in Kelly-Moore Bud’s Sail in semi-gloss finish using a top-of-the line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy paint.
- Supply and install new shaker doors and drawer faces with a 2″ bead-board inset panel.
- Fabricate and install MSI Chakra Beige quartz countertops with a mitered edge.
- Supply and install Bedrosians Manhattan Cashmere 2 x 8 glass tiles. This will be grouted using Laticrete Almond grout.
- Install a new single-bowl Kohler Bakersfield under-mount sink in Almond.
- Install a new Kohler Simplice faucet with a vibrant stainless finish.
- Install a new Kohler Traditional Soap Dispenser with a vibrant stainless finish.
- Supply and install a new 1/2 HP Insinkerator Badger 5 garbage disposal.
- Remove original fluorescent light fixtures and replace with 6″ LED can lights.
- Supply and install new Liberty Sophia 1-1/4″ knobs on all cabinet doors and Liberty 3″ Cup pulls on all drawers with matching cabinet hinges.
- Supply and install new light switches and electrical outlets.
- Run a new gas line to convert the electric cooktop to gas.
- Install Gemwoods Pacific Treasures Newport Beach wood flooring.
- Install new appliances.
The Before Pictures
Want to learn how kitchenCRATE can help you? Just click here to schedule your phone consultation using our online scheduling system. Or feel free to call us direct during business hours at 888-995-7996!