KitchenCRATE is on a roll in Ripon, starting yet another project only a few blocks from this amazing job completed last month!
Why the Homeowner Chose kitchenCRATE
As you can see, this 1980 kitchen is chock full of the design features typical of its age: exceptionally dark oak cabinets, no door or drawer pulls, a recessed fluorescent light box, plastic laminate countertops, 4″ plastic laminate backsplash and a top-mount cast-iron sink. After 34 years of service, these finishes are ready to be put out to pasture, and that’s where the kitchenCRATE team comes in!
And we’re excited to be rolling out one of our newest options on this project (and one other current project): replacement of the old doors and drawer faces. Using custom fabricated shaker-style doors with flat drawer fronts, we’ll be giving this kitchen the look of all new cabinets at a fraction of the cost.
Please scroll down to see the rest of the before pictures and more details on how this kitchen will never look the same again!
The Current Kitchen Specifications
- Countertop and Backsplash: White Plastic Laminate
- Cabinet Finish: Outdated cabinets in need of significant refinishing.
- Cabinet Hardware: None
- Sink: White cast-iron, original to the kitchen.
- Faucet: Standard chrome, low-rise.
- Lighting: Wood-trimmed light box with fluorescent fixtures and acrylic lens.
In addition to the standard kitchenCRATE package of work, this homeowner elected to add LED can lighting, LED under cabinet lighting and replacement of the cabinet doors and drawer faces.
The kitchenCRATE Project Scope
The kitchenCRATE team began the transformation on Wednesday, March 12th, 2014. On day 1 the kitchenCRATE team set the kitchenCRATE, installed plastic walls for dust/fume protection, protected the flooring, removed and set-aside the existing appliances, demolished the countertops and backsplash, repaired the counter sub-top, removed the doors and drawers, templated for the new quartz tops and prepared the remaining cabinet boxes for prime and paint. During the following 8 days (the add-ons are adding a couple extra days to this project), the kitchenCRATE crew will:
- Refinish the cabinets, doors and drawers in Kelly-Moore Dusty Trail Rider in semi-gloss finish using a top-of-the line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy paint.
- Supply and install new shaker-style cabinet doors and drawer faces.
- Fabricate and install MSI Coronado quartz countertops with a mitered edge.
- Supply and install Emser Ancient Tumbled Beige 3 x 6 travertine tiles with an accent strip of Bedrosians Eclipse Espresso glass mosaic tiles. This will all be grouted using Laticrete Almond grout.
- Install a new double-bowl Kohler Clarity under-mount sink in Biscuit.
- Install a new Kohler Simplice faucet with a vibrant stainless finish.
- Install a new Kohler Traditional soap dispenser with a vibrant stainless finish.
- Supply and install a new 1/2 HP Insinkerator Badger 5 garbage disposal.
- Remove original fluorescent light fixtures and replace with 6″ LED can lights.
- Install LED under-cabinet lighting.
- Supply and install new Liberty 3″ Collins satin nickel pulls with matching cabinet hinges.
- Supply and install new light switches and electrical outlets.
- Install new appliances.
The Before Pictures
Want to learn how kitchenCRATE can help you and your kitchen? Simply click here to schedule your phone consultation using our scheduling system. Or feel free to email or call us direct at 888-995-7996!
Scott Monday is co-founder and CEO of kitchenCRATE and bathCRATE. Follow him today on Facebook, Google+ or Linked-In.