KitchenCRATE was hard at work over the Thanksgiving week on this 1981 Turlock, CA home. With a gorgeous large lot and over 3100 SF of space, the only thing this home needed was a major tune-up to the kitchen. That’s where kitchenCRATE stepped in…
Why the Homeowner Chose kitchenCRATE
Like many kitchenCRATE customers, this young family purchased their 1981 home within the past few years. All along their kitchen was high on their list of remodel projects.
While the general cabinet layout worked well, the upper cabinets separating the kitchen from the dining room create an obnoxious disruption of the sight-lines to the rest of the living area. Add to that the dated 1980’s cabinets and the white Corian countertops and backsplash, and this kitchen was a prime candidate for the kitchenCRATE concept.
While we’re there we’ll also be renovating the adjacent laundry room, 1/2 bathroom and wet bar area. And when we’re done, this kitchen will be ready for decades of enjoyment!
The Current Kitchen Specifications
- Countertop and Backsplash: White Corian
- Cabinet Finish: Original stain grade cabinets
- Cabinet Hardware: Brushed nickel pulls
- Sink: Undermount cast iron
- Faucet: Standard chrome, low-rise
We’ll be including quite a few add-ons to this project, including new countertops, backsplash, sink, faucet and cabinet refinishing at the wet-bar, new countertops and cabinet refinishing at the laundry room, and new countertops, backsplash, sink, faucet and wall paint at the 1/2 bathroom.
The kitchenCRATE Project Scope
The kitchenCRATE team began the transformation on Wednesday, November 20th, 2013. On day 1 the kitchenCRATE team set the kitchenCRATE, installed plastic walls for dust/fume protection, protected the flooring, removed and set-aside the existing appliances, demolished the countertops and backsplash, repaired the counter sub-top, removed the doors and drawers for off-site painting, templated for the new quartz tops and prepared the remaining cabinet boxes for prime and paint. During the following 11 days (the significant extra work is adding a few days to this project), the kitchenCRATE crew will:
- Refinish the cabinets, doors and drawers in Kelly-Moore Not My Fault in semi-gloss finish using a top-of-the line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy paint.
- Fabricate and install MSI Fairy White quartz countertops with a mitered edge in the kitchen and at the bar.
- Supply and install Daltile Arctic White 3 x 6 tiles to the backsplash. This will be grouted using Laticrete Bright White grout.
- Install a new double-bowl Kohler Bakersfield under-mount sink in White.
- Install a new Kohler Simplice faucet with a vibrant stainless finish.
- Install a new ProFlo Undermount stainless steel bar sink.
- Install a new Kohler Forte bar faucet with a vibrant stainless finish.
- Supply and install new Liberty 1 1/4″ Sophia knobs and Liberty 2-1/2″ cup pulls with matching cabinet hinges.
- Supply and install new light switches and electrical outlets.
- Re-install appliances.
- Refinish the cabinets, doors and drawers in the laundry room in Kelly-Moore Picket Fence in semi-gloss finish using a top-of-the line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy paint.
- Fabricate and install MSI Concerto quartz countertops in the laundry room.
- Install a new Kohler Park Falls under-mount utility sink in white in the laundry room.
- Install a new Proflo Laundry faucet.
- Refinish the cabinets, doors and drawers in the bathroom in Kelly-Moore Not My Fault in semi-gloss finish using a top-of-the line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy paint.
- Fabricate and install MSI Fairy White quartz countertops in the bathroom.
- Supply and install Kohler Caxton under-mount sink in white in the bathroom.
- Install a new Pfister Avalon widespread faucet with a brushed nickel finish.
The Before Pictures
Want to learn how kitchenCRATE can help you? Just click here to schedule your phone consultation using our on-line scheduling system. Or feel free to call us direct during business hours at 888-995-7996!