The kitchenBOX team is excited to launch 2013’s first project! It’s on Double Eagle Court in Riverbank, Ca., and it’s a perfect fit for the 7-day, $15,000 kitchenBOX remodel!
Why the Homeowner Chose kitchenBOX
Trust is key with this homeowner. When asked why she chose to use kitchenBOX, she immediately spoke about how she has full faith in the company. Quite simply, the kitchenBOX process made her feel confident that the company would deliver on its promises.
Like many people considering having their kitchen re-done, the timeline for a custom kitchen remodel was intimidating. The idea of losing access to her kitchen for a significant duration was not an option for this homeowner. She also mentioned that a close friend is going through a custom remodel and the lengthy process is taking its toll. The 7-day timeline kitchenBOX offers was too good to pass up, and the key decision-making factor for this client.
The Double Eagle Court kitchenBOX features existing dark, hand-scraped, hardwood flooring. It’s extremely important to the homeowner that these treasured floors are fully protected. KitchenBOX takes great pride in protecting all aspects of a home during construction. In this case, a combination of brown paper, painters tape and masonite will ensure maximum protection throughout the process. Tried and true, this method is proven to protect floors unlike any other product or procedure.
Let’s take a look at the existing kitchen details:
The Current Kitchen Specifications
- Countertop: 6″ Cream Tumbled Tile Countertops with wide-grout joints
- Backsplash: 6″ Cream Tumbled Tile
- Cabinet Finish: Blonde Oak with a Clear Coat Finish
- Sink: Entry-level White Cast-iron
- Drawer/Door Pulls: The formal kitchen area features dark bronze pulls. The buffet area has no pulls.
A Few kitchenBOX Upgrades
The Double Eagle Court kitchenBOX job will include a bit of customization as well. We’ll be modifying the existing cabinets to accept a 28-bottle wine refrigerator to be used when hosting the many social events this client enjoys.
Also, the kitchenBOX team will solve the trip-over-the-trash-can issue this homeowner faces by installing a custom trash compartment in the cabinets adjacent to the sink.
Items like these are often added to the kitchenBOX scope, providing custom solutions to everyday annoyances.
The kitchenBOX project Scope
The kitchenBOX team begins the transformation on Tuesday, January 22nd, 2013.
On day 1 the kitchenBOX team will set the kitchenBOX, install plastic walls for dust/fume protection, protect the wood flooring, removing the old appliances, demolish the countertops and backsplash, repair the counter sub-top, remove the doors and drawers for off-site painting, prepare the remaining cabinet boxes for prime and paint, and begin the custom cabinet modifications.
During the following 6 days, the kitchenBOX crew will:
- Refinish the cabinets, doors and drawers in Kelly-Moore Creme de Caramel finish using a top-of-the line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy painted finish.
- Fabricate and install Bianco Antico granite countertops.
- Supply and install MSI Royal Oaks Blend Int tile backsplash with Bostik Alabaster grout with a tight joint.
- Install a new Kohler Brookfield Undermount, two compartment sink in Cashmere.
- Supply and install new decor light switches and electrical outlets.
- Install new satin nickle “barrel-type” door and drawer pulls. (On the buffet, too!)
- Install the owner-supplied wine refrigerator.
The Before Pictures
Check back in just a few weeks to relish in the finished product!