After 18 years of commendable service, this 1996 Lodi, CA kitchen is moving on to greener pastures. In its place will enter an amazing new space for cooking, entertaining and, most importantly, enjoying life!
Why the Homeowner Chose kitchenCRATE
The biggest draw for this specific customer was the exceptional speed in which they will obtain their new remodel. After seeing a kitchenCRATE ad in the San Joaquin Magazine the homeowner give us a call. Within a few weeks the kitchen design was complete and the job was under construction. Despite quite a few add ons this customer will be back enjoying their kitchen (and guest bathroom!) in less than two weeks. And we have to admit, we’re looking forward to this specific job as well, as it’s the first to use our newest line of Samsung quartz countertops. This amazing material is unmatched in its finish, showing prominent individual quartz rocks in an almost three-dimensional display. You truly have to see it to appreciate it!
The Current Kitchen Specifications
- Countertop and Backsplash: White 6″ square tile with brown grout.
- Cabinet Finish: Cabinets in need of refinishing.
- Cabinet Hardware: None
- Sink: White cast-iron, original to the kitchen.
- Faucet: Standard chrome, low-rise.
- Lighting: Fluorescent fixture with acrylic lens.
In addition to the standard kitchenCRATE concept, we’ll be adding dimmable LED can lighting and also applying the kitchenCRATE concept to the guest bathroom vanity.
The kitchenCRATE Project Scope
The kitchenCRATE team began the transformation on Tuesday, April 1, 2014. On day 1 the kitchenCRATE team set the kitchenCRATE, installed plastic walls for dust/fume protection, protected the flooring, removed and set-aside the existing appliances, demolished the countertops and backsplash, repaired the counter sub-top, removed the doors and drawers for off-site painting, templated for the new quartz tops and prepared the remaining cabinet boxes for prime and paint. During the following 7 days (the lighting modification and add-on in the bathroom are adding an extra day to this project), the kitchenCRATE crew will:
- Refinish the cabinets, doors and drawers in Kelly-Moore Swiss Coffee in semi-gloss finish using a top-of-the line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy paint.
- Fabricate and install Arizona Tile Samsung Saltoro Cliff quartz countertops with a mitered edge.
- Supply and install GBM Metro Subway Pebble glass 3 x 12 tiles with an accent strip of GBM New Era II Shell Grey linear glass mosaic tiles. This will all be grouted using Laticrete Sterling Silver grout.
- Install a new double-bowl Kohler Deerfield under-mount sink in White.
- Install a new Kohler Simplice faucet with a vibrant stainless finish.
- Supply and install a new 1/2 HP Insinkerator Badger 5 garbage disposal.
- Remove original fluorescent light fixtures and replace with 6″ LED can lights.
- Supply and install new Liberty 3″ Half Round satin nickel pulls with matching cabinet hinges.
- Supply and install new light switches and electrical outlets.
- Install the homeowner’s appliances.
- Refinish the vanity cabinets, doors and drawers in Kelly-Moore Swiss Coffee in semi-gloss finish using a top-of-the line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy paint.
- Install a new Kohler Caxon under-mount sink in White.
- Fabricate and install Arizona Tile Saltoro Cliff quartz countertops with a 6″ backsplash.
The Before Pictures
Want to learn how kitchenCRATE can help you? Just click here to schedule your phone consultation using our on-line scheduling system. Or feel free to call us direct during business hours at 888-995-7996! Scott Monday is co-founder and CEO of kitchenCRATE and bathCRATE. Follow him on Facebook, Google+ or Linked-In.