When we first laid eyes on the Collingham Drive kitchen, we immediately knew kitchenCRATE would be a perfect fit.
A Match Made in Heaven
This existing kitchen had a lot going for it:
The contemporary design was open to the adjacent living room, allowing the homeowner to work in the kitchen and still interact with family and guests in the next room. The countertops were plentiful, including a clever little “bill paying” station off to the side. The sink-refrigerator-cooktop adjacency was well-planned, allowing standard cooking tasks to be accomplished with minimal movement.
Changes in Store
The home still had the original finishes from over a decade ago:
Glazed white 4×4 tile countertops and backsplash, natural oak cabinets with a stock lacquer finish, dated white appliances, and the original white cast iron sink.
This kitchen was quite functional, but the homeowner wanted an updated look. So here is what we did:
- Day 1 – Set the kitchenCRATE, set up dust protection to keep the home clean, protected the wood flooring, removed the old appliances, removed the old countertops and tile, templated the countertops for the new granite, transported door and drawers to a professional paint booth and prepared the cabinet boxes for primer.
- Day 2-3 – Primed and painted cabinets and doors using a Dura-Poxy by Kelly-Moore, Oxford Brown in color. Began fabrication of granite countertops using the Giallo Ornamentale color selection.
- Day 4- Set the new single-bowl stainless steel kitchen sink and the new stainless steel wall oven and microwave.
- Day 5 – Prepared the countertop supports for the granite arrival.
- Day 6 – Installed granite counter tops, installed the new full-height 4×4 Mocha tumbled tile backsplash with glass tile accents as selected by the homeowner.
- Day 7 – Re-installed all the door and drawers, removed dust protection, removed floor protections, installed the faucet and garbage disposal and professionally cleaned the entire kitchen area.
Sounds like a lot of work! But here’s a 90-second video showing what kitchenCRATE did over the course of 7 days:
A Rave Review
So what did the homeowner think of the project? Here’s the review:
“If I had to pick a single word to explain my experience with Scott, Jared and the rest of the kitchenCRATE crew, I would use “phenomenal.” From the day I heard the idea of a new kitchen in 7 days I was hooked. My wife and I had discussed hundreds of different ideas for improving our kitchen though we never thought it possible because it always seemed to expensive and extremely inconvenient. The kitchenCRATE idea flew in the face of all our worries.
Our first meeting with Scott was such a relief because the kitchenBox model immediately took our biggest worries off the table. Now we were able to focus on the fun stuff like picking the granite finishes we dreamt about, and finding new appliances… the fun stuff. Scott helped us feel at ease picking our color combinations by providing a few recommendations and we even were able to add our own customization in the cook top backsplash.
When you are in the planning stages you have this picture in your head of what is it going to look like, the results exceed our picture and we could not be more pleased with our new kitchen. The project stayed true to the seven days, the communication from the kitchenBox crew could not have been better, we knew what was going on every step of the way. Even when there were little surprises like a minor cabinet fix Scott and Jared made it happen and we can’t be happier with the results.” – Joel Geddes
Before and After Pictures
When shown side-by-side, the impact kitchenCRATE made in just 7 days is quite amazing. See for yourself!
Just click here to schedule your phone consultation using our online scheduling system. Or feel free to call us direct during business hours at 888-995-7996!
Does the Collingham Drive kitchen remind you of your kitchen? Perhaps you like the layout of your kitchen and the cabinets are in good condition, but you are ready for a completely new look with more practicality. KitchenCRATE can make this happen in just a few days and for an amazingly low price.
Scott Monday is Founder and CEO of Trinity Renovation, Inc., the parent company of kitchenCRATE. Learn more about Scott at Google+ or on Facebook.