Welcome to kitchenCRATE Custom!
kitchenCRATE Custom was born out of customer demand: clients wanted the quality and speed of kitchenCRATE but with all new custom cabinets. So, in early 2017, kitchen & bath CRATE launched kitchenCRATE Custom! Check out a few of our custom kitchen renovations in the videos below!
Progress Video During Construction at
kCC Black Walnut
Interested in what a kitchenCRATE Custom project is like during construction? In this video, Jeffrey gives an overview of the kitchen renovation project, showcasing the new pantry and lazy susan.
Curious how the project turned out? Check out the project details and before and after photos here!
kitchenCRATE Custom Includes:
- Design Meetings: 2-hour interior design consultation with certified interior designer and a 2-hour design consultation with a master cabinet builder. You’re not alone in designing the kitchen of your dreams!
- Project Prep: Protection of your home, just like we’d do in our own home, including a dust wall, ventilation and covering of all flooring from the kitchen to the home entrance.
- Custom cabinets: New custom, locally-fabricated wood cabinets built for your exact kitchen. No imported, pre-fabricated modular units with a 10-year lifespan. (You deserve better!)
- Cabinet Paint: Complete cabinet finish (painted or stained) using only the best Kelly-Moore products, such as Durapoxy paint and lacquer primer.
- New Hardware: All cabinet hardware (hinges, pulls and drawer guides), with soft-close technology.
- New Countertops: Granite or quartz countertops, custom-templated and then fabricated from large slabs that you choose. No low-end, pre-fabricated tops. Only the best-imported granite and highest quality quartz are used in the kitchenCRATE system.
- New Backsplash: Full-height tile backsplash in hundreds of different colors and materials, including travertine, glass, mosaics and stunning blends.
- New Sink: Includes a Kohler or Blanco under-mount sink in cast iron, silgranit or stainless steel.
- New Faucet: Includes a beautiful Kohler faucet and built-in soap dispenser in an array of styles and finishes, including satin nickel and oil-rubbed bronze, among others.
- New Garbage Disposal: Includes InSinkErator garbage disposal and all new plumbing (p-trap, supply, lines, etc.) from the wall in.
- Paint: Wall and ceiling paint in any color Kelly-Moore makes, or custom mixed to match an existing color of your choice.
- Lighting: All new high-efficiency, dimmable, recessed, overhead LED lighting.
- Wall and Ceiling Texturing: Re-texturing of the walls and ceilings as needed for a like-new finished product.
- Flooring: Complete replacement of flooring and baseboard in tile, laminate, engineered wood or true hardwood.
- Removal: Appliance removal and haul-off if applicable.
- Installation: Installation of new appliances or re-installation of appliances being re-used.
- Outlets and Switches: New outlets and switches in the color and style of your choosing.
- Clean-up: “Construction-cleaning” of the project upon completion.
Starting at 15 days and $35k…
Progress Videos 1 and 2 at kCC Fairhaven Place
For these homeowners, their dated kitchen with awkward cabinet layout was just not working for them anymore. Plus, their kitchen was very enclosed and these homeowners wanted to open up the kitchen to make it easier to entertain and have more countertop space.
We will be wrapping up this project shortly, but you can view our recent progress videos below to experience this renovation yourself.
How It Works
For kitchenCRATE Custom, we use several of our components from kitchenCRATE Classic and incorporate custom cabinetry. It’s the best of both worlds!
Right For You If…
- Your home was built before 1980.
- You need a new layout and/or modern appliances no longer “fit”.
- Your cabinets are structurally compromised.
- No structural walls need to be moved.
- Your budget is between $35,000 and $75,000+.
How We Do It
- Before the Job – Design meetings, material ordering, cabinet fabrication and the CRATE arrives!
- Day 1 – Protect home, remove appliances, and demolition.
- Day 2 – Rough-in for lighting and relocate plumbing.
- Day 3 – Cabinet install.
- Day 4 – Cabinet install and template for new countertops.
- Day 5 – Sheetrock repair.
- Day 6 & 7 – Cabinet painting or staining.
- Day 8 – Wall and ceiling paint, outlet and switch install.
- Day 9 – Countertop install.
- Day 10 – Backsplash install.
- Days 11-12 – Flooring preparation, flooring, and baseboard.
- Day 13-14 – Install doors/drawers, appliances, fixtures.
- Day 15 – Final clean and inspection.