KitchenBOX kicked-off yet another Ripon, CA project this week, a few blocks away from this beauty completed in June. What’s in store for this 2002 kitchen? How about new granite tops, glass mosaic backspalsh, completely refinished cabinets in a sleek grey color, the best Kohler fixtures money can buy and even LED can lighting to replace the stock lightbox that currently illuminates the space…
Why the Homeowner Chose kitchenBOX
Once again, the deciding factors in this kitchenBOX were cost and speed. We’re scheduled to pull off an amazing amount of work in just 9 days (the base 7-day package plus the two days for upgrades) and the price? Well, let’s just say it’s a fantastic value…
This kitchenBOX is phase one in a whole-house update this homeowner is undertaking. We’re excited to be part of the team that’s adding even more beauty to the home.
And another reason we’re excited about this kichenBOX? We’re rolling out a new feature for this project: a Dropcam. We’ve installed this HD wi-fi camera in the kitchen so the homeowner can actually watch her kitchenBOX take place from her laptop, tablet or smart phone. If she’s curious what we’re up to she can log in and in seconds see her private video feed, accessible to only her and those with whom she shares the link! Just another way kitchenBOX adds enjoyment (and peace of mind) to a kitchen renovation!
The Current Kitchen Specifications
- Countertop and Backsplash: Granite tile with a 6″ granite tile backspalsh.
- Cabinet Finish: Clear-coat over natural wood, maple in color.
- Cabinet Hardware: None!
- Sink: White above-counter cast iron.
- Faucet: Standard chrome, low-rise.
- Lighting: Wood-trimed light box with fluorescent strip fixtures and acrylic lens.
- Wine refrigerator: None!
The kitchenBOX Mt. Airy Court project features some much-needed add-ons that truly customize this kitchen for the homeowner’s needs. These add-ons include modification of the lower cabinets to accept a new wine refrigerator, the previously mentioned installation of ultra-modern 5″ LED can lights (never change a bulb in this 11′ ceiling again!), refinishing of additional cabinets in the adjacent living room and painting of the adjacent bi-fold pantry doors. Add-ons like these add great value to the remodel for a very reasonable cost.
The kitchenBOX Project Scope
The kitchenBOX team began the transformation on Tuesday, July 9th, 2013. On day 1 the kitchenBOX team set the kitchenBOX, installed plastic walls for dust/fume protection, protected the existing wood flooring, removed and set-aside the existing appliances, demolished the countertops and backsplash, repaired the counter sub-top, removed the doors and drawers for off-site painting, templated for the new granite tops and prepared the remaining cabinet boxes for prime and paint. During the following 9 days (the add-ons are adding a few days to this project), the kitchenBOX crew will:
- Refinish the cabinets, doors and drawers in Kelly Moore Hidcote Manor in semi-gloss finish using a top-of-the line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy.
- Fabricate and install MSI Delirium granite countertops with a mitered edge.
- Supply and install Bedrosian’s Manhatten Glass Mosaic tile in Fifth Avenue for the backsplash. This will all be grouted using Laticrete Marble Beige grout.
- Install a new double-equal Kohler Clarity under-mount sink in Sandbar.
- Install a new Kohler Simplice pull-down faucet & soap dispenser with a vibrant stainless finish.
- Remove original surface-mount fluorescent light fixtures and replace with seven 5″ LED can lights.
- Supply and install new Liberty 3″ stainless steel pulls with matching cabinet hinges.
- Supply and install new light switches and electrical outlets.
- Re-install appliances.
The Before Photos
Want to learn how kitchenBOX can help you? Just click here to schedule your phone consultation using our on-line scheduling system. Or feel free to call us direct during business hours at 209-622-3610!