This 1979 Ripon home (the third in the neighborhood) is underway and we’re so excited to see the transformation to this original kitchen!
Why the Homeowner Chose kitchenCRATE
After 35 years of service, this kitchen is ready for a facelift and these homeowners are ready to make it happen.
The original stained cabinets, Formica countertops, and fluorescent light box have seen better days. And even though the cabinets are well-built and ready for another few decades of service, the dark stained look no longer resonates with the homeowner. So kitchenCRATE will be in and out in just a few days, leaving behind an amazing living space ready for cooking, entertaining and above all else, enjoying!
The Current Kitchen Specifications
- Countertop and Backsplash: Formica with a short Formica backsplash.
- Cabinet Finish: Cabinets in need of significant refinishing.
- Cabinet Hardware: None
- Sink: Stainless Steel, original to the kitchen.
- Faucet: Standard chrome, low-rise.
- Lighting: Fluorescent fixture with acrylic lens.
In addition to the standard kitchenCRATE elements, the homeowner is adding new 6″ LED can lighting.
The kitchenCRATE Project Scope
The kitchenCRATE team began the transformation on Tuesday, April 15th, 2014. On day 1 the kitchenCRATE team set the kitchenCRATE, installed plastic walls for dust/fume protection, protected the flooring, removed and set-aside the existing appliances, demolished the countertops and backsplash, repaired the counter sub-top, removed the doors and drawers for off-site painting, templated for the new quartz tops and prepared the remaining cabinet boxes for prime and paint. During the following 7 days (the lighting modification is adding an extra day to this project), the kitchenCRATE crew will:
- Refinish the cabinets, doors and drawers in Kelly-Moore Clam in semi-gloss finish using a top-of-the line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy paint.
- Fabricate and install MSI Toasted Almond quartz countertops with a mitered edge.
- Supply and install Bedrosians Torreon 3 x 6 travertine tiles with an accent strip of Bedrosians Eclipse Espresso linear mosaic glass and stone blend tiles. This will all be grouted using Laticrete Mushroom grout.
- Install a new double-bowl Kohler Undertone under-mount sink in Stainless Steel.
- Install a new Kohler Simplice faucet with a vibrant stainless finish.
Install a new Kohler Traditional soap dispenser with a vibrant stainless finish.
- Supply and install a new 1/2 HP Insinkerator Badger 5 garbage disposal.
- Remove original fluorescent light fixtures and replace with 6″ LED can lights.
- Supply and install new Liberty 3″ Half Round Satin Nickel pulls with matching cabinet hinges.
- Supply and install new light switches and electrical outlets.
- Install new appliances.
The Before Pictures
Want to learn how kitchenCRATE can help you and your dated kitchen? Just click here to schedule your phone consultation using our online system. Feel free to call us direct during business hours at 888-995-7996!
Scott Monday is co-founder and CEO of kitchenCRATE and bathCRATE. Follow him on Facebook, Google+ or Linked-In.