We’re excited about our most recent kitchenBOX project for many reasons.
- We get to transform a great 1970’s ranch-style kitchen into a modern marvel.
- We get to work with some fantastic homeowners who are even more excited than we are to get the project underway.
- And we get to use quartz for the countertops! (Want to read up on this material? Check out the website here…)
That’s right: after offering quartz as a kitchenBOX countertop option for just a few months, we have our first project in which to install this wonderful material. Their choice? Q from MSI in the color Rushmore. It’s going to be great!
Why the Homeowner Chose kitchenBOX
After purchasing this bank-owned property a few months back, the homeowners immediately commenced repair and updating. The overgrown landscaping was removed, the broken windows replaced and an assortment of immediate repairs were made.
And then, like a huge pink elephant in the room, their kitchen kept staring at them. The yellow tile countertops, the dingy, dark-oak cabinets, the sheet vinyl flooring. All of them saying “I need to go!”
So in came kitchenBOX, and in just a month or so, this homeowner went from “we hate our kitchen” to “we’re getting a new kitchen!”
The Current Kitchen Specifications
- Countertop and Backsplash: Yellow 6″ square tile with brown grout.
- Cabinet Finish: Original stain-grade cabinets.
- Cabinet Hardware: Aged brass hinges and dated pulls.
- Sink: Almond cast-iron.
- Faucet: Standard chrome, low-rise.
- Lighting: Light box with inset fluorescent.
Like so many of our recent kitchenBOX clients, this homeowner elected to add 6-5″ LED can lights to their project. These energy-efficient, high-output, cool-to-the-touch lights are a fantastic addition to any kitchen.
In addition, we’ll be bringing a new gas line into the center island for the new KitchenAid Gas cooktop. Curious what other add-ons kitchenBOX offers? Check it out here…
The kitchenBOX Project Scope
The kitchenBOX team began the transformation on Tuesday, August 6th, 2013. On day 1 the kitchenBOX team set the kitchenBOX, installed plastic walls for dust/fume protection, removed and set-aside the existing appliances, demolished the countertops and backsplash, repaired the counter sub-top, removed the doors and drawers for off-site painting, templated for the new quartz tops and prepared the remaining cabinet boxes for prime and paint. During the following 9 days (the lighting modification and gas line install are adding three days to this project), the kitchenBOX crew will:
- Refinish the cabinets, doors and drawers in Kelly-Moore Wagon Wheel in semi-gloss finish using a top-of-the line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy paint.
- Fabricate and install MSI Rushmore quartz countertops with a mitered edge.
- Supply and install Bedrosian’s Mediterranean Beige 3″ x 6″ travertine tiles with an accent of Bedrosian’s Eclipse Espresso Glass Mosaic in 3″ strips. This will all be grouted using Laticrete Mushroom grout.
- Install a new double-equal Kohler Clarity under-mount sink in Sandbar.
- Install a new Kohler Simplice faucet with a vibrant stainless finish.
- Remove original recessed fluorescent light fixtures and replace with 5″ LED can lights.
- Bring a new gas line to the center island to convert the electric cooktop to gas.
- Supply and install new Liberty 3″ stainless steel pulls with matching cabinet hinges.
- Supply and install new light switches and electrical outlets.
- Install new appliances.
The Before Photos
Want to learn how kitchenBOX can help you and your family? Simply click here to schedule your phone consultation using our online scheduling system. Or feel free to call us direct to speak to a member of our CRATE team at (888) 995-7996! Like Scott Monday, who is the Founder and CEO of Trinity Renovation, Inc., the parent company of kitchenBOX. Check him out on Facebook.