Our first kitchenCRATE project in Modesto’s Dutch Hollow neighborhood is under way! This 1981 home is getting the standard kitchenCRATE treatment, and we’ll be in and out before you can pronounce “Konynenburg” correctly!
Why the Homeowner Chose kitchenCRATE
After experiencing the “joys” of being their own contractor on a few past projects, this homeowner decided to turn the entire project over to kitchenCRATE. They loved that fact that kitchenCRATE handled the project start-to-finish, and could easily be done by the time they hosted a large social event in the home.
With the holidays right around the corner, many kitchenCRATE and bathCRATE customers are scrambling to get their jobs completed before the parties begin. And we’re glad to help, using our unique interior design process to quickly select materials and get moving on the projects!
The Current Kitchen Specifications
- Countertop and Backsplash: White 4″ square tile with brown grout.
- Cabinet Finish: Cabinets in need of significant refinishing.
- Cabinet Hardware: Outdated pulls
- Sink: White cast-iron, original to the kitchen.
- Faucet: Standard chrome, low-rise.
The only add-on to this project was running a new gas line to convert the electric cooktop to gas. That’s it! Everything else was standard kitchenCRATE at its best.
The kitchenCRATE Project Scope
The kitchenCRATE team began the transformation on Thursday, October 31st, 2013. On day 1 the kitchenCRATE team set the kitchenCRATE, installed plastic walls for dust/fume protection, protected the flooring, removed and set-aside the existing appliances, demolished the countertops and backsplash, repaired the counter sub-top, removed the doors and drawers for off-site painting, templated for the new granite tops and prepared the remaining cabinet boxes for prime and paint. During the following 7 days (the addition of the gas line to the cooktop is adding an extra day to this project), the kitchenCRATE crew will:
- Refinish the cabinets, doors and drawers in Kelly-Moore Swiss Coffee in semi-gloss finish using a top-of-the line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy paint.
- Fabricate and install Arizona Tile Giallo Santo granite countertops with a mitered edge and matching granite backsplash.
- Install a new double-bowl Kohler Executive Chef under-mount sink in White.
- Install a new Kohler Simplice faucet with a matte black finish.
- Supply and install new Hickory Williamsburg pulls and matching cabinet hinges with an oil-rubbed bronze finish.
- Supply and install new light switches and electrical outlets.
- Install appliances.
The Before Pictures
Want to learn how kitchenCRATE can help you? Just click here to schedule your phone consultation using our on-line scheduling system. Or feel free to call us direct during business hours at 888-995-7996!