Our first kitchenCRATE project using our new name is under way, and we’re looking forward to ridding this 1998 Modesto home of the dated Corian countertops and faux-metal backsplash!
Why the Homeowner Chose kitchenCRATE
After 15 years, this Trellis Court home was certainly ready for a facelift. While the cabinets were in great shape, the cabinet color, backsplash and countertops simply were not working for the homeowner.
This particular homeowner was drawn to the kitchenCRATE concept, specifically the exceptionally fast timeline. Including a myriad of add-ons, the kitchenCRATE team will be in and out in under two weeks. And in the end, this kitchen will be unrecognizable!
The Current Kitchen Specifications
- Countertop: Green Corian
- Backsplash: Faux-tin Sheets
- Cabinet Finish: Clear coat over natural wood, maple in color.
- Cabinet Hardware: Satin Nickel knobs.
- Sink: White cast-iron, original to the kitchen.
- Faucet: Standard chrome, low-rise.
- Lighting: Wood trimmed light box with fluorescent fixtures and acrylic lens.
In addition to the base kitchenCRATE elements, the homeowner is adding LED can lights, pendent lights, additional painting at the living room, refinishing of the adjacent pantry and bar cabinets and countertop and extending the island.
The kitchenCRATE Project Scope
KitchenCRATE began the transformation on Monday, October 28th, 2013. On day 1 the team set the kitchenCRATE, installed plastic walls for dust/fume protection, protected the flooring, removed and set-aside the existing appliances, demolished the countertops and backsplash, repaired the counter sub-top, removed the doors and drawers for off-site painting, templated for the new granite tops and prepared the remaining cabinet boxes for prime and paint. During the following 7 days (the lighting modification is adding an extra day to this project), the kitchenCRATE crew will:
- Refinish the cabinets, doors and drawers in Kelly-Moore Snow Globe and Kelly-Moore Zin Cluster at the island in semi-gloss finish using a top-of-the line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy paint.
- Fabricate and install Arizona Tile White Ice granite countertops with a mitered edge.
- Supply and install Bedrosians Manhattan Pearl glass 2 x 8 tiles with an accent strip of Bedrosians Kismet Serendipity random interlocking glass tiles. This will all be grouted using Laticrete Sauterne grout.
- Install a new single-bowl Kohler Bakersfield under-mount sink in White.
- Install a new Kohler Simplice faucet with a vibrant stainless finish.
- Install a new Kohler Traditional Design soap dispenser with a vibrant stainless finish.
- Remove original fluorescent light fixtures and replace with five 6″ LED can lights.
- Supply and install new Amerock Candler Collection Satin Nickel Retangular pulls with matching cabinet hinges.
- Supply and install new light switches and electrical outlets.
- Re-install appliances.
The Before Pictures
Want to learn how kitchenCRATE can help you? Just click here to schedule your phone consultation using our on-line scheduling system. Or feel free to call us direct during business hours at 888-995-7996!