KitchenBOX is heading back to Lodi this week as we start renovating this 1990 home! We look forward to seeing a dramatic transformation, from granite countertops to tile backsplash to a completely different look on the cabinets.
We can’t wait to share the results in just a few short weeks! Scroll down to read about whats going into this project and see all of the before images.
Why the Homeowner Chose kitchenBOX
After spotting our ad in San Jaoquin Magazine, this homeowner immediately called for an estimate. We were happy to oblige, and in just a few weeks we were on our way to Hayward to choose her exact granite slabs, and a few weeks after that: project start!
This kitchen is an ideal fit for kitchenBOX: The previously-painted cabinets were long overdue for a face lift, and the white tile countertops with dark grout were a constant source of annoyance for the homeowner. By the time you read this post the countertops will be long gone and the cabinet doors and drawers will be awaiting their entrance into the spray both in Ceres, CA.
The Current Kitchen Specifications
- Countertop and Backsplash: White 4″ square tile with brown grout.
- Cabinet Finish: Painted cabinets in need of refinishing.
- Cabinet Hardware: Aged pulls and hinges.
- Sink: White cast-iron.
- Faucet: Standard chrome, low-rise.
- Lighting: 1980’s fluorescent light box.
Like so many of our recent kitchenBOX clients, this homeowner elected to add 7 – 5″ LED can lights to their project. These energy-efficient, high-output, cool-to-the-touch lights are a fantastic addition to any kitchen.
In addition, we’ll be bringing a new gas line in from the fireplace for the new gas range. Curious what other add-ons kitchenBOX offers? Check it out here…
The kitchenBOX Project Scope
The kitchenBOX team began the transformation on Tuesday, September 3rd, 2013. On day 1 the kitchenBOX team set the kitchenBOX, installed plastic walls for dust/fume protection, removed and set-aside the existing appliances, demolished the countertops and backsplash, repaired the counter sub-top, removed the doors and drawers for off-site painting, templated for the new granite tops and prepared the remaining cabinet boxes for prime and paint. During the following 9 days (the lighting modification and gas line install are adding a few days to this project), the kitchenBOX crew will:
- Refinish the cabinets, doors and drawers in Kelly-Moore Whirligig Geyser in semi-gloss finish using a top-of-the line Kelly-Moore Dura-Poxy paint.
- Fabricate and install MSI Giallo Ornamental granite countertops with a mitered edge.
- Supply and install Bedrosian’s Mediterranean Beige 3″ x 6″ travertine tiles with an accent of Bedrosian’s Manhattan Glass Mosaic Tile in Midtown. This will all be grouted using Laticrete Almond grout.
- Install a new double-equal Kohler Executive Chef under-mount sink in White.
- Install a new Kohler Simplice faucet and soap dispenser with a vibrant stainless finish.
- Remove original recessed fluorescent light fixtures and replace with 5″ LED can lights.
- Bring a new gas line from the fireplace to convert the electric range to gas.
- Supply and install new Liberty 3″ stainless steel pulls with matching cabinet hinges.
- Supply and install new light switches and electrical outlets.
- Install new appliances.
The Before Photos
Want to learn how kitchenBOX can help you? Just click here to schedule your phone consultation using our on-line scheduling system. Or feel free to call us direct during business hours at 209-622-3610!